Saturday, June 27, 2009

Getting down to the wire!!!!

This coming Wednesday will mark my 38th week of pregnancy....it's almost time!!!! I went to my regular doctor's appointment last Thursday. Everything looks and sounds great....doc said he estimates Evan is between 7 and 7 1/2 pounds....whew!!! He sure is moving around and doing somersaults in my tummy...all the time! He definitely takes after his father's wiggling habits. :) At this point, the doctor says I could go into labor at any time, so Jared has been put "on call" until further notice. It's funny because every time I call his phone for any reason, he answers in a panic like it's "the call"! I think anxiety and nervousness has finally set in for the both of us knowing that our little baby boy could be here at any time.

The nesting instinct has set in too. I've washed, folded, sorted and put up all the little onesies, booties, hats, blankets....all that adorable stuff....we've put up the swing, bouncy seat and pack 'n' play....and today I packed my hospital bag and Evan's coming home bag. The only thing left is to sit and wait for things to start happening!!! We're trying to enjoy our last quiet days as a twosome before life really changes. But, I have to say, this unbearable heat is pretty much keeping me indoors with my feet up so I don't sweat to death or my feet don't swell to three times their normal size!! I don't know how my mother carried TWINS all the way to July 16th in this horrible heat....bless that woman!!!

Speaking of mom, she left this afternoon for her yearly teaching/mission trip to China. Yes, I know, my mom won't be here when I give birth...but, I know she'll be praying for me as I for her and I have two sisters who have been commissioned to help me out should Jared wuss/pass out during labor and delivery. So, I've promised we'll call when the time comes and to send plenty of pictures.

That's about all that is going on in the Pieroni household right now. So, hopefully the next post will be the introduction of our new addition!!! Wish us luck, life will never be the same :)

P.S. Word to the wise, WalMart and Old Navy have been my two favorite places to get clothes while I've been pregnant...nice selection and cheap. Most of the clothes I have aren't even maternity. Thank God empire waist is in style!

Anxiously waiting,
Angela

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So close!!

You look super cute too! Keep us updated! Love the name Evan!