Friday, December 26, 2008

The best kept Christmas secret!!!

First of all, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!!! I know we did!!!! Jared and I have been keeping this huge secret since the first of December and thought it would be the perfect Christmas gift to share with everyone. Let me back up a little bit.....about a month ago, I started feeling queasy and nauseous every morning and my boobs started to hurt....too much information?? Anyway, me being the realistic one, figured out what was going on but Jared wanted to make sure. Soooooo, on the first of December, I took a pregnancy test. After three agonizing minutes of waiting, there was a nice, big plus sign waiting for us on the bathroom counter! I was pretty calm, but excited. Jared freaked out just a little bit, but we decided I should go to the doctor to make sure. Two appointments and one ultrasound later, we have a nice picture of our growing little baby!!! I announced it to my family on Christmas Eve, wherein my twin sister proceeded to scream with excitement. We then announced it to Jared's family on Christmas day....where his mother and grandmother started crying with happiness and joy. All in all, it' s been a pretty exciting holiday for the both of us. Thank you to all of you who have sent us congratulations and well wishes!

According to the doctor, I am eleven weeks and my expected due date is July 15th....one day before my birthday!! Let's just hope it's not the hotter summer on record like the year I was born. Heat and I don't do well together, especially if I have a big ole belly too! So begins a new chapter in our life, one that I know will be wonderful and full of surprises for the both of us.
So, now you know why I've been holding out on the blog posts...I was afraid of letting out the secret. Stay tuned for the ultrasound pic and future belly pics!

Feeling blessed,
Angela

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Yeah a lil Angela...I think it's a girl...so what names ya got picked out! How did you keep it quiet so stinking long! It was my first guess when your mom called and said she had "news"!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm jealous :)