Saturday, October 11, 2008

Irony at its best....

So, Meagan and I high-tailed it down to West Monroe yesterday evening after work to hunt down some Halloween costumes. It has been since college since I've even had to procure a costume, so I was a little out of practice. First things first, where in the hell are these people coming up with these outfits!!!! Goodness, everything "sexy" in the title and was either verrrrry low-cut or so short that you would have to worry about everyone seeing everthing God gave you if you bent over.

Now, I'm not a geezer, but I was trying to find something for myself age-appropriate that wouldn't ruin my reputation for the short four hours I would be wearing it. Meagan was like a kid in a candy store and made friends with EVERY employee. She was bouncing everywhere!! The store was amazing, they had anything and everything you could imagine for Halloween there. So, after perusing the rows and rows of costumes that didn't have enough cotton to fill the top of an aspirin bottle, we decided to try a few on. Thank goodness we could try them on!!! After seeing my boobs trying to fall out of the beer girl costume, I decided on the only fitting costume for lil ole me.....yep....and angel!!!!! After all, my name means "Angelic", right?

Meagan decided to be a "mod girl" from the seventies...or as she liked to call it, a go-go dancer. We bought cool accessories, fake eyelashes (because neither of us had ever tried them) and huge rhinestone rings that were only $3 and we are terrible impulse buyers. Poor Jared had to settle on being "Leatherface" from Texas Chainsaw Massacre, that way he can wear his beloved jeans!!

We didn't make it home until 10:30, but it was worth the ride. I'm soooo excited to be able to dress up this year, it's going to be a fun party!!! Valerie, if you're going to be in town, it will be November 1st at the K.C. Hall, come on by. I'm one of the hostesses, so I'm sure I will be busy as a bee until this party arrives.

Oh, expect a picture of me in the outfit.....I couldn't resist.....hee hee.

Later kiddies!!!
Angela

No comments: