Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy 56th Birthday Mom!

Today was my mom's 56th birthday. Being the wonderful daughter I am....I went to visit her after work today to wish her a happy birthday. Of course, I came bearing a present...something I knew she would looooove!!! A purse....rather, a BIG purse and a really neat, embroidered cup to put her drinks in. I wasn't sure if she would like it, but the picture below was her reaction when she opened it up. I keep hearing that I look just like her....I don't see it.

My dad made it home from the fields just in time for some cake, thanks to my aunt who actually went out and bought it :)....As you can see, I caught him mid-bite. Gotta love the candid shots!!!


Here we have my Aunt Teresa. She is my mom's younger sister by 15 months....not far apart, are they? She lives two houses down from my mom and dad and is the most like my mother. The other two sisters couldn't be farther apart on the spectrum. I say it's because they are so close to the same age..hee hee.


Can't leave out my grandmother...the matriarch of the Roark clan. Her given name is Evelyn, but we all call her Skippy, long story. She and her EIGHT siblings all have nicknames which makes it even more confusing at family reunions. I still can't keep them all straight. She is a true southern lady and if you ever hear her thick, southern accent you would swear you're talking to Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With the Wind. It's really quite amusing.


All in all, I thought it was a pretty enjoyable evening (for a Wednesday). Mom got some really nice gifts. Dad bought her the DVD collection of "Roots".....don't ask me why, but I thought it was funny. I hope to celebrate many more with her and hopefully end the neverending hints of dying before I can bear her grandchild!! AS IF!

2 comments:

Christa said...

Hate I missed that birthday bash...especially with ol Skip there!

Jill said...

You gotta edit some of my pics! What program do you use? I love them!
I'm with your mom.....get to baby makin!!!!