Thursday, September 4, 2008

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW, THE RAIN IS GONE!!!

Can I get a moment of silence so we can all stop and thank the good Lord above that it FINALLY quit raining!!! Yippee! I realize we didn't have the damage most others had, but you have to remember my front yard is literally the lake. When there is too much rain, the lake rises. That's not ever good. I did manage to snap a few pictures (go figure) during the only five minutes when the rain wasn't blowing in sideways!!

The picture below is the the drain which our yard flows into. It just so happens to be located right smack dab in the middle of the Christmas tree farm. No worries, no Christmas trees were harmed during the making of this post.


Aww....look at my hard working husband. He managed to keep the ditches flowing nicely. Good thing or our entire yard would have been a swamp!

This is the lovely view of our front yard. Mud, grass and mosquitos. God I love the south!

Of course, this is me showing how I feel about all this mess. You can't tell from the picture, but at the exact same time, the tornado sirens were going off in town signaling an impending tornado headed our way. Luckily, it dissapated before it could stir up any trouble.

Another shot of the front yard....ugghhhh


So, the skies are still a little overcast but at least there's no rain. I did notice on my way to work that the majority of docks here on the lake are either under water or have popped out of their braces. The lake has risen quite a bit but it shouldn't cause too much damage....I hope.

Here's hoping that this is the last we see of any severe weather. I don't think my hair can take too much more of this frizzy business!!

Adios!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Yall should invest in a house boat! LOL! And I'll tell her but really, when I grow up on gonna be just like the movie...27 Dresses!

Anonymous said...

Good golly! That's a crapload of water!! I hope it doesn't rain anymore...or you'll need a boat to go anywhere!