Thursday, September 25, 2008

Oh you are much too kind dear Officer!!!!

So I was leaving my office at twelve for lunch. You know, the normal routine. I was headed out to my mom and dad's house to save myself from driving allllll the way across the lake to my own home for lunch. Anyway, I'm leisurely traveling down the lakefront. For those of you who are not familiar with the lakefront in Lake Village, it's pretty clear what it is. It's the scenic road with great views of the lake that runs parallel with Highway 65. Back to my point, I'm driving down the lakefront and obviously not paying attention to how fast I'm going when I see it......oh yeah....you know the feeling! White car with blue, blinking lights......I'm pretty sure that's the sickest feeling a person can have besides a bleeding ulcer or giving birth two a 20 pound baby. But I digress.

I've been caught, there's no time to slow down and pray he didn't see me. So, I pull into the driveway of some unsuspecting homeowner and await my punishment. Thank the good Lord above I was buckled in though....brownie points for me! Mr. Officer What's his Name glides up to my driver's side window all slow and leary like I was going to pull out a 9mm or something and shoot him dead. After seeing it's just little ole me, he lightens up, we shoot the bull and he asks for the usual. At this point, I've accepted that I was speeding and am wishing he'd hurry up and write the ticket so I can eat for Pete's sake!! But, the Lord heard my silent prayer and I swear a host of heavenly angels started to sing behind that abnormally tall officer when he told me, "Just slow it down ma'am and have a nice day."......insert heavenly singing here.....Yes my friends, I got pulled over by Arkansas' finest and walked away with only a nice warning. I thanked the officer for his kindness and made my way to lunch.

I'm sure it was my southern charm and thick accent that swayed him. Or it could've been that I told him I used to work for the court system and now work for an insurance company. No? Then it must have been the never-fail batting of the eyelashes that won him over!! Whatever the reason, I thanked God for small miracles and nice little blue warnings today!


Keep 'em between the ditches,
A. Pie

4 comments:

Christa said...

How bout just pure-d lucky missy!!!

The Sabbatinis said...

you lucky dog! I always check to see if the state trooper is home on the way to Portland or if he is out and about!! He and I have only met once and he actually let me go! Next time will be a sad day!haha
P.S. Summer babies are really great!hint,hint!! Just kidding!=)

Valerie said...

You are so freaking lucky...they always start writing the ticket on the way to my car.

Daniel and Becky Pieroni said...

Well you know we have a wonderful father-in-law who has helped others out before...ahem...thank God for him!