Friday, September 26, 2008

In Memory.....my own goodbye.


I have tried to write this post at least 100 times today and just couldn't find the words that would do it justice. Since I didn't get to say goodbye, this will probably be the only closure I get. At 9 a.m. this morning, I was notified by phone that a dear friend of mine had taken his own life. He was only 32 years old and leaves behind a wife and young, three year old son. I had the pleasure of knowing David for a good while and dated him for four years. Though we didn't leave each other on good terms, somehow we found a way to get past it and still remain friends. After a few days went by and I didn't get a response through emails whether he was ok or not, I feared something bad had happened. Never in a million years would I have expected to get the call that he died by his own hands. It's too late to pay my respects, he was buried yesterday.


I just sit here and wonder to myself, how bad could life actually get that he thought there was no hope? no way out....but death. How sad was he? Was he alone? Was there something I could have done or said to change his mind? Those questions don't matter now.....he leaves behind a lot of sad, heartbroken people who will never get to know why.


So, here's my goodbye David. You will be missed, but never forgotten. I'm glad I got to know you while you were here.


Goodbye Friend,

Angela

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm so sorry, Angela.

Jill said...

Oh My Gosh! I can't believe it!!! I'm sorry Angela! I don't know what to say! I'm speechless! I'll be praying for you and his family! So sad!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I know it must be hard. I have no idea what to say other than hang in there and I'm sorry girl! Prayers will be said.